Live images of Microsoft's upcoming Lumia 950 XL confirms existing reports
Last month we saw quite a substantial amount of information about Microsoft's upcoming flagship Lumia phone, besides hearing about the specifications and the look and feel of the device, the guys over at Windows Central also made a mock up design based on the information at hand.
Well, it looks like the wait is over as here we have a couple of live images of the Lumia 950 XL itself (codenamed Cityman). On the front of the device, there's the new Microsoft branding and as described, this prototype device also comes with on screen keys rather than the capacitive buttons which we're used to seeing on flagship Lumia devices.
The source also showed images of the new reversible USB Type-C connector which will be present on the Lumia 950 XL and the image below also clearly shows the triple LED array on the back. Besides that, there's also a couple of screenshot included in the mix which shows the device being powered by a Snapdragon 810 processor, a QHD resolutions display, some new gestures and support for slo-mo video.
All in all, this looks pretty darn accurate to what we already know and while the actual device might not look exactly like this, but it's a nice teaser for what's in store in the coming months. Microsoft is expected to officially launch the Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 XL before the holiday season and these flagship Lumia devices will be among the first to run Windows 10 Mobile out of the box.
Lumia 950 XL specifications
- Matte white, cyan or black polycarbonate body
- 5.7 inch WQHD (1440x2560) OLED display
- Snapdragon 810, 64-bit Octa core
- Iris scanner (infrared) for Windows Hello
- 3GB of RAM
- 32GB of internal storage with a microSD card slot
- 20MP PureView rear camera with triple LED flash
- 1mm silver ring inside the circumference of the black camera pod
- Aluminum side buttons
- 5MP Wide-angle front facing camera
- 3300 mAh removable battery
- Qi wireless charging integrated
- USB Type-C
ORIGINAL SOURCE: BLOGJACK