Microsoft's Lumia 950 XL gets pictured and it looks familiar
That means that the new smartphones are coming and Microsoft has previously confirmed during their Partners Conference that flagship Lumia devices are coming real soon. Just recently a lot of news about Microsoft's new high end Lumia smartphones surfaced and today's renders shows what looks like the flagship Windows 10 Mobile smartphone.
Allegedly called the Lumia 950 XL and codenamed Cityman, this device will have all the bells and whistles a flagship Android smartphone would have. I am not going to talk too much about the specifications as this article is dedicated to the look of the Lumia 950 XL.
According to Windows Central, these Lumia 950 XL renders are based on actual insider information and the insider has confirmed that these renders look exactly like the real deal. The three color options are portrayed in this HD render and as you can see, the new Microsoft Lumia branding is on the back of the device.
Yes, the Lumia 950 XL will come with a Pureview camera and also a triple LED flash. The boxy design is reminiscent of the Lumia 640 and Lumia 640 XL and given that the Lumia 950 XL is expected to be quite thin (7-8mm), the sharp edges will aid in gripping the device.
If all goes well, we should see the Lumia 950 XL be announced by September with other Windows 10 Mobile devices in tow too.
Lumia 950 XL specifications
- Matte white, cyan or black polycarbonate body
- 5.7 inch WQHD (1440x2560) OLED display
- Snapdragon 810, 64-bit Octa core
- Iris scanner (infrared) for Windows Hello
- 3GB of RAM
- 32GB of internal storage with a microSD card slot
- 20MP PureView rear camera with triple LED flash
- 1mm silver ring inside the circumference of the black camera pod
- Aluminum side buttons
- 5MP Wide-angle front facing camera
- 3300 mAh removable battery
- Qi wireless charging integrated
- USB Type-C
ORIGINAL SOURCE: WINDOWS CENTRAL